At the faculty of economics and commodity science much attention is paid to the students’ research work. Science classes contribute to the formation of the future specialists’ readiness for the creative implementation of knowledge and skills obtained at the Institute, help to master scientific research methodology and gain research experience.
Regular work of scientific clubs is carried out at all departments of the Institute. The activities of these clubs are professionally orientated:
- Scientific club "Economist". Scientific adviser of this club is Batyukov M.V., Junior researcher of the scientific department, candidate of economic sciences, associate Professor. Special attention at the club meetings is devoted to the consumer cooperation system economic problems in the conditions of modern economic development, to Russian economy resource potential.
- Scientific club "Manager". Scientific adviser of this club is Kravchenko V.M. Ph. D., associate Professor of economics and humanitarian and social disciplines department. Members of the club study problems of management in a modern enterprise, the effectiveness Russian business methods use.
- Scientific club "Financier". Scientific advisers of the club are Sidelnikov is G.L., junior researcher of the scientific department, doctor of phys.-math. sciences, and Komarova A.V., candidate of economic sciences, associate Professor of finance and accounting department. Topical issues of public and commercial sector finance are discussed at the club's meetings. Analytical research is conducted.
- Scientific club "IT Specialist". Scientific adviser of the club is Belan L.S., senior lecturer of finance and accounting department. Special attention at the club meetings is paid to topical issues of introduction of information technologies in professional activities.
- Scientific club "Unity". Scientific adviser is Stena I.I., senior lecturer of economics and humanitarian and social disciplines department. The history and current state of consumer cooperation in the Lipetsk region is studied at the club meetings. Consumer cooperation system practitioners are often invited to the club's meetings.
- Scientific club "Dialogue of cultures". Scientific adviser is Soldatova V.L., candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor of economics and humanitarian and social disciplines department. Students study traditions, customs, cultures of the countries of studied languages at the club meetings.
Students of the Institute take active part in competitions, Olympiads, scientific and practical conferences held both at the Institute and in other educational institutions. Every year students of the Institute participate in the “Economic development of Russia” competition and International “Olympic games” on economic and financial subjects organized by the Youth Union of economists and financiers of the Russian Federation. They also take part in national conferences:
- All-Russian open competition of research and creative works of young people "I will be appreciated in the XXI century".
- All-Russian conference of students "Youth, Science, Culture".
- All-Russian competition "My legislative initiative".
- All-Russian youth forum on cultural heritage, ecology and security "UNECO";
- All-Russian conference "National heritage of Russia".
Research activities help students’ better understanding and getting ready for future professional activities.