At the faculty, much attention is paid to the research work of students. Science classes contribute to the formation of the readiness of future specialists for the creative implementation of the knowledge and skills obtained at the University, help to master the methodology of scientific research, and gain research experience.
At the faculty, the regular work of the cathedral subject scientific clubs is carried out, the activities of which have a professional orientation:
- Scientific club "Accountant". Scientific adviser of the club is Shatova N.A, senior lecturer of finance and accounting department. Special attention at the club meetings is paid to modern trends in accounting and reporting. Employees of the consumer cooperation system and other Lipetsk region enterprises and organizations are often invited to participate in the meetings.
- Scientific club "Dialogue of cultures". Scientific adviser is Soldatova V.L., candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor of economics and humanitarian and social disciplines department. Students study traditions, customs, cultures of the countries of studied languages at the club meetings.
- Scientific club "Patriot". Scientific adviser is Kuzmina E.E., associate professor of economics and humanitarian and social disciplines department. The importance of patriotic upbringing for young people today is considered at the club meetings. The heroic pages of the history of Russia associated with the First World war and the Great Patriotic war are studied, too. Pilots of the local garrison are often invited to the club meetings.
- Scientific club "Ecologist". Scientific adviser is Yadritseva T.S., candidate of chemical sciences, associate professor of commodity science and technology disciplines department. Members of the club study the environmental situation in the world and in the Lipetsk region. Special attention is paid to environmental protection and food safety.
- Scientific club "Technologist". Scientific adviser is Shtakina O.V., Ph. D., senior lecturer of commodity and technological disciplines department. At the club meetings students conduct research on modern types of technological equipment for public catering enterprises and develop recipes for various dishes.
- Scientific club "Commodity Expert". Scientific advisers are Gavrilyuk S.I., junior scientific researcher of the scientific department, candidate of technical sciences, associate professor of commodity and technological disciplines department and Gorelova I.E., candidate of economic sciences, associate professor of commodity and technological disciplines department. The current state and prospects of development of the market of various product groups are evaluated at the club meetings. Research is conducted in the field of quality and safety of goods delivered to retail chains.
Students of the faculty take active part in competitions of research and creative works of young people, Olympiads, scientific and practical conferences of various levels and scales.